What is a cooperative?
- A co-op is a not-for-profit business owned by those we serve.
- We offer membership to anyone eligible for our services, regardless of race, sex, national origin, religion or political affiliation.
- We are democratically controlled; each co-op is governed by a board made up of co-op member-owners.
- We return any net savings to our members.
- We are committed to communicating with and educating our members
Rural electric co-ops were formed beginning in the 1930s when investor-owned utilities refused to serve rural areas. Today, Colorado co-ops serve farms and ranches as well as businesses and communities of all sizes. We constantly strive to provide the most affordable and reliable electric service to the communities we serve.
To learn more about the Colorado Rural Electric Association visit the website at: www.crea.coop